With each new preschool year, I recommit to making this year an even better one than last year in so many ways.
With my preschool parents, I want to:
- Give them such an amazing experience that they rave about us to all their friends.
- Never focus on the quantity of students, but the QUALITY of our program.
- Give them more than their money’s worth.
- Prove that our preschool is not just a safe place to drop off their child, but a place that will love, nurture, enrich, and engage their child with every ounce of energy we can possibly give.
- Offer advice to parents who need extra help with their children’s potty training, behavior problems, and overall parenting help.
- Support them in their own efforts at home, and to merge the gap between home and preschool, making it a seamless, comfortable transition.
With my preschool students, I want to:
- Love them unconditionally, and be there for them at every moment they need my guidance.
- Praise them when they do their best, to carefully nudge them in the right direction, to hold their hand as they try out new things.
- Make every hour at preschool some of their happiest moments of childhood.
With my preschool teachers, I want to:
- Give them every opportunity to succeed and feel proud of their teaching efforts.
- Reward them for a job well done.
- Provide a secure job where they know they could always stay if they wanted to.
- Offer such a job that is both rewarding and challenging, allowing them to grow in their own confidence.
And with my family, I want to:
- Get back to a simpler life.
- Sit by the river and listen to the calming water flow lazily across the rocks.
- Leave the computer and just be. with. them.
And with that, I will take my last goal and begin. Right now.
So here’s to a new year, a new you, and a new goal or two to strive for!
Please leave your comments below about what YOUR goals are for this upcoming year! I can’t wait to read them!